Our Story

My site is just about showing off my cute kids. We are a big family and we like to go places. Also, I like to take lots of pictures and this way I can show them off.

This is when it all started...2002

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Viva Las Vegas


We finally made the time to go on vacation. Kirk and I took the kids to Las Vegas. I know, I know, not a really great kid atmosphere, however, it was warmer than Salt Lake, the hotel had a heated pool and they had a blast!








I tried to plan a show for every day we were there. Vegas has many free shows and most of them are fun for kids to watch. The first show we went to was at the Rio. It was a New Orleans themed musical show with huge floating floats, like a parade in the sky. We also went to the Belagio and saw the beautiful fountain show. One of the coolest shows was the Fremont Street Experience in the old part of Las Vegas. It was cool!



I took the kids to the Statasphere Tower to go on a ride called Hot Shot. The ride was closed due to the wind so instead they went on a ride called the Xtreme. It was a ride that dangled them over the top of the tower. They claim it wasn't scarey however, I wasn't about to go on it.

Their favorite ride was the roller coaster at New York, New York. While waiting in line a couple of nicely dressed guys started a conversation with Jaiden. They were from back east and were telling me how they were were raised in a big family, the guy talking was the oldest of six. He went on to say that his youngest sister was also a red head. He was very nice, a little tipsy, but pleasant. He got in front of the line and paid for all of my kids to go on the ride. Unfortunelty, Jaiden was too short so I stayed behind with her and watched the others get on the ride. The ride was $14.00 a ticket, he was quite a generous man.

The food in Vegas was awesome. Our room had a kitchen so we ate some of our meals in the room but once a day we made it to a Vegas Buffet and enjoyed all kinds of awesome food.



3 comments:

The Kelley Family said...

We are happy to see that you had soooooo much fun on your trip! You got some great shots with your camera!

Mike & Kristy said...

That looks a LOT warmer than it is at my house! It is so cold here in Idaho. I bet you all had a great time. It looks like fun. I have been to Freemont Street. It is pretty cool. I am glad you all had fun! Did you win any money while you were there?

Cyndi's Blog said...

Kirk won $45 on a basketball ticket. other than that we didn't gamble, we just spent money